Persian Cat Rescue
Persian cat rescue may be an excellent way to find & adopt a Persian. The people involved in Persian cat rescue work tirelessly to find homes for Persians that have been abandoned or relinquished by their owners. At the end of this article are links to various Persian cat rescue organizations.
These cats may come to the attention of Persian cat rescue from other shelters and people who, for one reason or another, can no longer keep their cat. In many instances, cats are relinquished by their owners to Persian cat rescues or shelters because the owners did not properly educate themselves about basic feline behavior, or the care and time required to properly care for a Persian, or because of a change in their family circumstances that are beyond their control.
Many of the people involved with Persian cat rescue are breeders. They have devoted their lives and countless hours to the Persian breed and freely volunteer their time to assist the Persian cat rescue organizations whether it be providing or finding a temporary foster home, donating money, cat care items, food, or by evaluating the Persians as to their needs, personalities, and suitability for adoption and placement. Sometimes, the cats that come into rescue need some special care or time in order to correct any behavioral problems that may exist which the Persian cat rescues (and the breeders assisting them) provide.
Persian cat breeders have the knowledge and resources to assist Persian cat rescue in finding suitable homes for the relatively few Persian cats that are rescued each year. These breeders take the same time, attention and care in placing these cats as they do in finding homes for the Persian cats they breed. Rescued cats are always altered prior to being re-homed by the rescue organizations.
E-mail to Us From a Cat Rescue Organization
I also wanted to compliment you on your application, extensive contract and most of all EARLY SPAY/NEUTER. If you have seen our web site you know that we are always drowning in dumped Persians and they usually come to us in horrific condition. It is very common for us to get in Persians especially that are 4 paw declawed BUT NOT FIXED. Of course this makes me crazy. Most of these I'm sure are pet store and backyard breeder cats but it's a terrible shame all the same.
Specialty Purebred Cat Rescue
For a great Persian cat rescue story and more, please click here.
Persian Cat Rescues
- Just Cats Rescue - Not-for-profit rescue serving the needs of stray and abandoned cats in the San Fernando Valley (California). I am personally acquainted with the administrator/founder of this wonderful organization and she is a wonderful and giving woman. She gives tirelessly of her time and resources both personally in terms of emotionally and financially. This organization needs your help. Please check out this site Just Cats Rescue, and see how you can help out.
- CFA Purebreed Rescue *
- Southern California Persian Rescue* - (California)
- Persians and Himalayans - (California)
- Persians, Himalayans and Scottish Folds - (California - southern)
- Persian Cat & Himalayan Cat Rescue* - (Colorado)
- Atlanta Persian & Siamese Rescue* - (Georgia)
- South Texas Persian Cat Rescue* - (Texas)
- Purebred Cat Rescue* - (Wisconsin)
- St Francis Persian Rescue* - (United Kingdom)
PLEASE NOTE: Pelaqita Persians provides the feline information on this site as a service to the public. Pelaqita Persians does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, or product. Diagnosis and treatment of specific conditions should ALWAYS be in consultation with one's own veterinarian. Pelaqita Persians', and Susan and/or John MacArthur, disclaim all warranties and liability related to the veterinary advice and information provided on this site.